Pages

Home About Me Shop Freelance Contact

22.7.12

First Home, Chevron Obsessions and Unrelated Musings

So my husband and I bought our first home in March. You fellow home owners out there understand that there is ALWAYS something that can be fixed, improved upon, decorated, redecorated, etc. It's never ending. So far, I have repainted the entire downstairs and our master bedroom upstairs. I will be sharing before and after-for-now pictures soon of all of the rooms that have been painted so far. 


But for now, our place needs art. Bad. And as stylist Emily Henderson says here, "Artwork is like the hairdo of home decor." We just have a little photo canvas up there which isn't exactly the best art for our mantle. So in that case, our mantle in the living room has no hair and therefore is bald and very sad right now! It's full of a bunch of random stuff as you can see below. It has been a dumping ground for odds and ends that will go somewhere, but haven't found their place yet. And yes, that is a vintage puppet (husband purchased, I take no responsibility. More on that later :-)


We've looked at art online and locally but either price or not totally loving it has kept us from purchasing anything. So, I've come to the conclusion that it's time to just DIY something. Dun Dun Duuuuuuuun! There is a blank canvas that has been lurking in a closet just waiting to be used. Along with a bunch of random paint from other projects. So what to paint you ask? I am a self-admitted chevron junkie. Anything chevron, I love. So after scouring Pinterest (follow me at: doodledeshai) and Google, here are some ideas to inspire my painting:
Via here.
This beaut, from this shop.
Ooh la la! From this Etsy shop.
This masterpiece via here.

I will definitely be posting pictures soon of the end result and a step by step of how I did it. 
Stay tuned for that!
*Now about that vintage puppet, can anyone else relate to a husband that buys the weirdest stuff? Our vintage shopping styles differ tremendously. I look for bright colors, great design, etc. And he is drawn to a felt painting of a devil sitting on a toilet, crying and smoking a cigarette. (Truth.) Basically anything extremely weird. Things where it literally makes me wonder if this is one of those creepy items someone threw out of their home because its cursed and causes weird things to happen. Stuff that doesn't fit anything we have or ever wanted to have. I have photo proof. Maybe this is a good idea for a future post? 

No comments:

Post a Comment