Pages

Home About Me Shop Freelance Contact

13.7.12

First Post!

Welcome to my first post! Ever. Except the first draft that I wrote and deleted. I must say, first posts are hard. It sort of sets the tone for your whole blog. Yikes. Well first of all, welcome! I have been wanting to create a blog to share things that inspire me, to have a place to be creative and also to meet others out there who are into the same kind of things. I thought the best way to start is with one of my passions. MUSIC. Here a few songs I'm currently really into:


The Chemical Brothers actually released a documentary-style concert film for this album "Don't Think." It was in movie theaters for a one-night viewing. We went to see it and it was amazing! I highly recommend checking it out here.


I first heard this song on the local college radio in our town. Take a listen to KJHK here, the kids at KU do an excellent job of playing some sweet tunes! If you've got the WunderRadio app, they are on there too. But I digress, this band is amazing. We recently bought the album "Boys and Girls" on vinyl. Highly recommend this, the vinyl comes with a free digital download as well. Always appreciated by this gal. 


And last but most certainly not least, "Here Again" by Quantic & Alice Russell. Unfortunately, there is no video here. But just browse around the web while listening. It is fabulous! I discovered this song through RCRD LBL.com it's a great website for discovering new music.

Well short and sweet but I hope you've enjoyed my first post. Quality over quantity I say! I absolutely love listening to music, discovering new bands and great songs. So what better way to start? If you've got any music you think I'll like, feel free to email me! Thanks for reading and until next time, here is a great recent picture from my Instagram (follow me at: doodledeshai.)





Eddie is kind of a lap dog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment